Monday, March 22, 2010

Mothers-in-law: Friend or foe? You decide.

One night, John popped a question to me, "what if mom move in to live with us?"

Like any usual daughter-in-law, I had my fair share of fears and concerns when my mom-in-law moved in to live with us almost four years ago. Since then, we have not looked back.

Here are some things to give thanks to God for my mom-in-law:

"Without my mom-in-law,...

... I wouldn't have been able to cope with my work, household, and family all at one go.
...my maids wouldn't be so hardworking and constantly on their toes about things in the house.
...my house front would not be filled with so many pots of beautiful flowers and plants, which makes me feel good coming home every time.
...we wouldn't have such nice home-cooked food from time to time.
...I will have one less comrade when there's a battle of the sexes at home."

Mothers-in-law: Friend or foe? I believe we have a choice. We can decide how we want things to turn out to be. When the choice we make honors God, God will honor us. Of course, it also take two hands to clap.


Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment