Monday, June 16, 2014

Penang - Day 3 (4 June 2014)

 
It was a troubling night for me as I had a bad tummy ache which seem like I was going to have runs. Thankfully, I got hubby to get a can of coke from room service and within an hour, the tummy ache was gone. However, I was shivering uncontrollably for the next hour and by 1.00 a.m., I realised I was running a fever.  I quickly pop 2 panadol pills and went back to sleep.
 
Thankfully, I felt much better when we woke up in the morning. And after our buffet breakfast at the hotel, we hired a taxi to Penang Hill Tram Station. It was crowded as it coincide with the Malaysia's three weeks school holiday.
 
Uncle Yap, the taxi uncle who drove us around the day before, told us that the owner of the Toy Museum, in his fifties, is always at the Penang Hill Station distributing the Toy Museum flyers. He looks quite shabby and one would never expect him to be a wealthy museum owner. And yes, I did receive those flyers from him at the station.
 
 

In the tram going uphill...

 
Unfortunately, when we were halfway up the hill, it started pouring very heavily. We walked in the shelter and the only place we could visit was the Owl Museum.




  





  

 







  

 
Scenery at the peak.

 
 

 
As it continued to rain, we decided to head down and proceed for lunch at Straits Marina.
 
 
 
 

 The mall was quiet and nice place for relaxing, rather than shopping.
There are shops to pamper yourself with nail spa session, or just seat at Starbucks for an afternoon tea.
 
Though it was still drizzling, we managed to get out a little to enjoy the scenery where the yachts are parked.
 
 


 
As usual, daddy was fooling around...
But at least, now I know how he will look with a moustache.
 
 


 Hmh, I think it is better to do without one, daddy.

After walking around the mall, we took a short coffee break at Starbucks, and I actually dozed off for a while.... perhaps I was still in my recovering mode. So Daddy suggested heading back to the hotel for a nap.
 
Before heading back to the hotel, we met an Australian couple who took this picture for us at the mall concourse. After which, we hired a cab and returned to the hotel.  The ride from Straits Marina to our hotel at Batu Ferringhi was about 20 minutes.


 
 
Having a nap was indeed a good suggestion. I had a 2 hour power nap and by the time I woke up, I could feel that I had recovered.
 
And finally, the kids got what they were longing for - hitting the hotel's swimming pool with children's water play slide.

 
 
 
 

 '
We are proud that David has overcome his fear of water. It was the first time he didn't need any prep talk to get on the slide or be thrown down forcefully by daddy.  He was going on the water slide again and again on his own, with smiles on his face.
 
Great job, David!


And who can resist the beautiful beach that was just right at the doorstep of our hotel.
 

  




 
 
We had buffet dinner at the hotel since it was included in our package. For the rest of the evening, we just "nua" our time away at the lobby's lounge with our favourite drinks.
 


 
Deborah taking a selfie with my phone...
 









No comments:

Post a Comment